If you’ve gotten to the point of reading this blog post then you are seriously considering starting your own dog walking or pet sitting business. You love dogs and you want to help them get the quality care they deserve. You want to work with dogs on a daily basis and you like helping people. Maybe you’ve seen a need in your market for better quality pet care, a different type of pet care, or something else. Before you go for it, consider how you would answer these questions:
- What companies are currently in the marketplace and what do they offer?
- What is my company’s mission, and what is my business model?
- How can I differentiate myself?
- What tools are available to help me run my business?
- How much money can I make?
- What do I need to get started?
What companies are currently in the marketplace and what do they offer? Before you start your own business it’s important to understand the marketplace. How many dog walking or pet sitting companies are in your market? What services do they offer? How much do they charge? How many pets are in your market? Can the market handle more dog walking companies? Once you research the answers to these questions you will have a better understanding of what’s out there, where there is a void, and where you can do offer better services.